What are the chances you will get sick soon? We all need to see a doctor at some point, which means we all need health insurance. When searching for health insurance coverage, make sure you know your options. Underst anding the different types of policies is extremely important and can affect the amount you pay and the type of coverage you receive. It now goes WAY beyond just in or out of network. Purchasing the cheapest or even the most expensive policy isn’t always the best idea either.
If you aren’t currently employed or have very little money, there are still some affordable health insurance options available:
- COBRA – Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act
- Workers’ Compensation
- The Health Insurance Marketplace for Pre-Existing Conditions
- Short Term Health Insurance Coverage
- Group Insurance from Organization Memberships
- Group Health Expenses Sharing Plan
- Health Care Sharing Ministry
- Health Insurance Discount Cards
If you are looking to lower your insurance costs, it is important to remember the following things:
There are alternatives to buying individual health insurance
Know what you need and can afford
- Make sure you plan has these essentials: Outpatient care
- Emergency room visits
- Inpatient care in a hospital
- Care before and after your baby is born
- Mental health and substance abuse services
- Prescription drugs
- Lab tests
- Preventive services
Compare ALL plans and costs
Pick the plan that best meets your individual healthcare needs.
Susman Insurance has a group of health insurance professionals to help you find the perfect policy and the most affordable price. Please contact us as soon as possible so we can get you covered.